Sunday, June 29, 2014

Touch somebody's life

Well so sorry I've tried to post some new pictures but can't seem to get the job done so onward & upward, its been a busy week, we've done a lot of knocking on doors, asking questions. I guess you can probably tell I'm out of my comfort zone however I'm praying really hard that this will get easier for me. We went to a zone conference with Pres & Sister Durrant for the last time, they left on Saturday for their home in Provo or the surrounding area. They taught us how to share the gospel in 3 minutes now that was great. We had to take turns teaching the other senior missionaries there. Hey now I can almost remember how to do this. The new president took over on Saturday his name is President Taylor & he also played ball at BYU, we haven't met him yet. It was fun to get together with all the senior missionaries some couples but quite a few single sisters. Some of these sisters are getting pretty close to going home. Tomorrow 4 of us single sister missionaries are going to the Fort Worth Stockyards for the day. This is someplace that Pres. Durrant told us to go see. He told us a few must see while we're in Texas places so we can cross one off of our list. Yes it is P Day!! Had a great Sabbath day starting at meetings at 7:30, 8:30 & 9:00 all in different wards. It was our report back to the Bishops. Then we attended all our meetings in 1st ward then drove a sister home & went to another ward to listen to some other sister missionaries give the Relief Society lesson. I haven't cried for quite awhile but the spirit got to me today & I did shed a few tears. It was a great lesson on service to others & it might be the person sitting right next to us that needs us. They are getting ready to go home on the 4th of Aug & they're getting a little teary. I love these 2 sisters one from Blackfoot Id, the other from Redmond Washington. They have taught me a lot since I landed in Texas, not just about the work but about life. They have been a blessing in my life. Had a great day at Minnie's Food Pantry & so great to go to the temple this week & ran into Rhonda again. But the highlight of my week was meeting up with Ellen here in Plano on our last p day. We was able to have lunch together & did a little shopping. We talked about just 2 months ago never dreaming we'd be together in Texas. I love our grandkids lots as does every grandparent. Danny's last aunt on his Dad's side passed away this week, I was able to go visit her in April before I left, she told me she was ready to go, I told her if she seen Danny before I did to give him a message from me. I guess she'll see him before me. My thought for the week "I don't think you ever stop giving. I think its an ongoing process & it's not just about being able to write a check. It's about being able to touch somebody's life."...Oprah Winfrey. Have a great 4th of July & yes my thoughts will be back home with ya'll. Sister Putnam

No comments:

Post a Comment