Saturday, June 21, 2014

For the road to heaven

What a week, it's so hard to believe how fast the weeks roll by even in Texas. I so want to be diligent in my calling & magnify it to my very best but some days that's pretty hard. My dear companion is so wanting to preach the gospel, baptize & find more. Sometimes I feel like we're a little too pushy for my liking. We've just been finding people for Bishops to see if they're still living at the address or if they've moved & just visit with them but her visiting is a bit different than mine. I guess it's a good thing we're all different. She don't really need a companion cause she likes to do all the talking so I just try & keep aware of my watch & the time, then I have to shut it down or it could go on all night, she gets mad at me but oh well. I'm trying to be a good companion but she's lots different than my companion that I had for 45 years. Trust me I'm learning a whole lot of stuff that I've never had to learn before. On the other hand I love the gospel & I feel bad for the Lord to be perfect & then have to work with so many imperfect people, it must be frustrating to say the least. I also love the people down here they are so kind. A week ago we were in getting a little ice cream when an Asian man went up to the counter & paid for our ice cream, he wasn't a member but was so nice. A lady from Hong Kong that I met a few weeks ago call & wanted us to come for lunch so of course we went. I have to tell you it was the best steak, salad with the biggest shrimp I've ever seen, baked beans & fruit. The steaks made me homesick for our friends & the many times we'd get together with good steaks & food. That was Putter's saying good food, good family & good friends. I've been a little homesick this week cause I knew it was the Woodruff car show & Danny was determined to walk all the way around it last year, it took its toll on him but he didn't care. He wanted to take the Ragtop & I couldn't get his wheelchair in it. We then went on up to Evanston to Helen Burns memorial & he sang along with a tape to Kris Kristopher's song, "What have I ever done to deserve even one of the blessings I've known" then he said, "That's my new song" so we played it at the cemetery the day of his burial, I looked up in the sky and there was one lone Vulture flying high above the pine tree. It brought a smile to my face because he'd told me to get the gun & shoot them if they fly around our house. What's the chances one would be flying just at that time? We have a big day tomorrow starting at a priesthood meeting at 6 am that all the missionaries are suppose to be to, then we have a pec meeting in another ward & 2 wards to attend their meetings & dinner at 5:oo pm with a dear lady who we might live with after the other sister missionaries leave in August, but who knows. Well that's just a little going through my mind today so I thought it might be good for me to write it down. The high light of my week was we got to meet Cindy, Sammi, Parker Stuart, Maxine & Carol Garrison in Frisco Tx. We had an ice cream, visited for around an hour, then yes we had to say goodbye. Have to say it was rather hard to see them leave but it was just what I needed that day. A hug from each one of them will get me through some more hard days. I love the Lord & His goodness to me in my life, I've had such a good life that I could never begin to repay Him a little lone His Atonement for me. Thanks for the letters & cards they really do help on those difficult days. My thought for this week, "For the road to heaven, turn right & go straight...daily calendar. Happy birthday to my sweet Emmalee...Sister Putnam

2 comments:

  1. so glad you are writing...now if we can figure out pix...you'll be all set! love to hear all your experiences and predicaments you seem to get into....you handle them well!! sweet dreams love dp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you mom, were praying for ya! ss

    ReplyDelete