Sunday, November 30, 2014

almost want to be a chicken

Well I've been churching since 11:00 & got through at 7 pm. It's been a very spiritual day & yes my cup is running over. I attended two wards 1st & 3rd it's rather fun to see how different each lesson is taught & the different approaches that the teachers take. Then 3rd ward Relief Society had their visiting teachers conference it was so so so good. The spirit was very strong & ended with our Bishop telling about his little brother that was killed by a train & how the Relief Society sisters rallying around & just took over their home till his mother could get back up on her feet & going again. I do have a strong testimony of this program as with all the programs in the church. After it ended I had the privilege of taking the bishop's wife home & staying with her for a few hours. She has Alzheimer's, she is only 52 or so & has had it for a few years. Oh the memories that was brought back to my mind as we were dealing with my own mother. It was a very tender time as we looked through her family photos over the past 5 years. I was reminded again very clear how we each have our own trials to bear & truly only through help from above can we get through them & come out being more humble & a better person than we were before. I know some of my own family is struggling right now with the same problems & my prayers, thoughts & my heart are always with them. This disease  is such a hard one as is any disease you are dealing with. I told my brother I've always felt there would be at least 2 of us siblings that would get it, he never said anything for a minute or two & then made this profound statement "Heck Con there might only be two of us that don't get it." As sad as it is, this made me laugh, who knows but we will all get through this life one way or another and I've been told this life is only a short time compared to the rest. Oh I know what you're thinking, that some days seem pretty dang long, yes I do have some pretty long days down here but they do pass. My thought this week is: some trials come through your own disobedience  or negligence. Other trials come because of the negligence of others or simply because this is a fallen world. When these trials come, the adversary's minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, & say, "I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn't it?" Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. My scripture: Deu 4: 30-31.
Ellen & I this summer in Texas & the neatest chicken coop I've ever seen. I loved to just stand & look, it almost makes me want to be their chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment