Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pennies From Heaven

Texas is getting some rain today, I got up early & walked 3 miles in  beautiful, gentle, warm rain it truly felt good & to make things even better I found another penny. I find a penny almost every time I walk. It makes me think of when we lived in SLC & I needed a little piece of country the Lord would place a magpie in my path & I would always think of home, it brought a little comfort to me. Now down here in Texas I haven't seen a magpie but when I need a little comfort I find a penny (mostly in the gutters) I always think of Pennies from Heaven, it makes me think of my heavenly home & wonder what it will be like, this also brings me peace, I guess I'm just weird or something. But I will take a little peace anywhere I can find it even if it is the gutter. I've had a great week of service, it's always good when you can serve someone. I was able to take some sisters out to lunch at Olive Garden yesterday to celebrate one's 70th birthday. She's had a rough life & has just been to trial with a son who was given 40 yrs now she has 3 behind bars & don't know where her 4th one is. She is also dealing with cancer but she's pretty well always happy & I love her. I believe in laughter & I had a call tonight from a dear friend & was able to have a good laugh which I needed. It felt good!!! Thanks for thinking of me & calling just at the right time. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving week & I have so many invitations that I'm not sure what I'm doing, I know I can't possibly eat that much. Tonight I'm trying to decide which wards I'll attend tomorrow, I can go to any of 8 wards & I usually go to 2 wards at least in a Sunday. My thought for the week is, "the minute-Just a tiny little minute-Only sixty seconds in it; Forced upon me, Can't refuse it, Didn't seek it, Didn't choose it; But it's up to me to use it-Give account if I abuse it. Just a tiny little minute, But eternity is in it! --unknown.  Life is made up of lots of minutes & they slip by fast. Minutes turn into hours, days, weeks, months, years then one day we run out of minutes. My scripture is: Alma 36:3 (thanks Emma). Oh by the way we've been ask by our Mission President to memorize The Living Christ by Christmas so I extend the invitation & hope you can do it faster than I.  Have a great Thanksgiving & enjoy family, friends & your turkey.  Love Sister Putnam

No comments:

Post a Comment