Sunday, December 21, 2014

Our greatest need is forgiveness

I'll try this again one more time I got my blog all done the other night & went to add a period at the end & some how erased everything so I just went to bed.  Last Monday I drove to Grand Prairie, Tx to pick up my new companion, Sister Horsburgh, from Australia yep she talks like Crocodile  Dundee so it's fun to listen to her. It was quite a ride down there had been a wreck & the freeway was backed up for miles, oh the joy of city living, but we made it down & back just fine. Have I told you how much I love the gps, oh I thank the Lord every night for it. We were out working this week when I got a call that Phyllis Jean needed a ride to the dr. so of course we dropped everything & went to help her. We had to pull her out on a cart with big steel wheels & then lift the cart & her in the back of the car but we got her there & back home, too much lifting for me, oh Phyllis Jean is an 80lb dog thought maybe I should clarify it's a dog not a person but either way she can't walk. However the owner treats her as one of her children. I always told Danny if there's reincarnation I want to come back as your dog but I've changed my mind I want to be Phyllis Jean. We had zone conference & I was touched by all the luggage, boxes, bikes & coats line up outside the church. They had transfers so the missionaries found out Monday night who was going & they had to take everything then they found out Tuesday afternoon where & with whom they'd be serving. Some were thrilled & some not so thrilled. It's such an awesome experience to be part of those young missionaries lives. Thirty of them were going home the next day & we were only getting 9 in so some areas will be closing down. One elder that was leaving that I met out in Allen came up & said, "Sister Putnam I love you" well let me tell you I love him cause he was the answer to one of my prayers one night when we were told we had to be out of our apartment the next morning. We had 42 stairs to pack all of my stuff & all of Sister Smith's down & load in our cars. He told us that he'd felt impressed to come out & check on that apartment not even knowing we were living there. The good Lord again answered my prayers. It's quite hard to get to know these young people then all of a sudden they are gone. He is from Germany so quite sure I'll not see him again but who knows. Someone told me that Christmas is this week wow where is the time going. My thought is from a Christmas card I received this week, "If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent us an educator. If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist. If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist. If our greatest need had been pleasure, God would have sent us an entertainer. But our greatest need was forgiveness, so God sent us a Savior.  -Roy Lessin. My scripture is Alma 36:24. Have a great night. Sister Putnam

No comments:

Post a Comment