Monday, February 29, 2016

HELLO WALLS

Just was looking at my last blog & seen the picture of the lady hugging the wall, it made me laugh at what brought this picture about. I lived with this lady 14 or 15 mts in her home. She let the senior missionaries stay with her. I love to sing when I'm alone so I was just singing my heart out & didn't know she was there. She asked me what I was singing I told her "Hello Walls" she started laughing & wouldn't believe that it was a song so she preceded to look it up on good old google. So every time she talks to me or sees me she starts singing " Hello Walls." The FHE group I used to go to when I lived in Plano invited me up one night to their home evening & of course she ended my night by singing "Hello Walls" then she goes to the ceiling & windows. It always makes me laugh but it still happens to be one of my favorite country songs. People I know down here don't listen to country music so maybe I'll just keep it a secret that they don't know what they're missing out on. I still keep singing & sometimes I  catch myself still singing "Hello Walls." It reminds me again that you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl & I'm okay with that because I love my country roots. In case some of you out there don't know me well I also don't care to know big words, I'm just happy with knowing little words & my favorite one is LOVE. I guess you could say I like simple things. Well it's P Day & I'm so ready for that except we have to go into Dallas & take soup to a sick lady so our day doesn't last too long. I love being able to serve others. Life is good & I'm thankful for the gift of another day here on this earth. Have a great Monday & spend some time with your family tonight for FHE. My thought: I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simple trying to be better than the person I was yesterday. I don't know where that comes from but it's in my little book of thoughts. My scripture is found in D & C 59:5. For today I my heart will be filled with love for all mankind. Sister Putnam

No comments:

Post a Comment