Friday, January 8, 2016

A little down time

Well we have survived a tornado, gushing rain fall & it was cloudy on Christmas Eve so I couldn't see the moon. I've been told there will not be another full moon on Christmas for 19 years, my chances of being around for that one isn't too great or I just might not know what the moon is at that time. Things are great here in the big state of Texas & time is marching right along. We've been teaching some more investigators & I think barring any unforeseen complications we will have another baptism on the 17th. Transfers came & went with some of our great elders getting transferred, I missed this one oh ya there's no one to be transferred with because 2 leave the 28th & 2 more the 4th of Feb so that just leaves my companion & I till March. It's sad to think we'll probably never see some of them again unless of course I go to Australia, Canada, CA, FL or UT. We had some cancelations today so that's how come I get a little down time, I must say if feels pretty good. I can't understand why when you could have a little rest ya can't but on a normal day sometimes I get so sleepy I'd give anything to lay down. I walked this morning in a mist you couldn't see very far in front of you & now tonight it's clouding up I heard someone say it's supposed to snow on Sunday or Monday. I've got my long johns on so I'm ready except they said ICE, now that's a whole different story. My thought: I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year. "Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown." And he replied, go out into the darkness & put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light & safer than a known way." Author unknown.  The scripture is found in Alma 38: 9-15.

This couple worked in the Ogden Temple with my sister, brother-in-law & two of my nieces & their husbands. It truly is a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment