Sunday, May 11, 2014

First week in Dallas Texas

Well my first week in the mission field as a full time missionary was a mighty HOT one. I must say to feel a little snow right now would feel mighty good but I will survive & bloom where I'm planted. Thanks to Danalee & Sandra for driving out with me & having a little girl time, oh yes, thanks to their husband & kids for holding down the fort while their moms were away. We have officially a place to lay our heads down at night. We are living with OZZIE who is a wonderful, kind & gracious lady. She is not a member of our church but she goes to church & we went with her today. She has two children Cristina 12 & Nathan 14. We helped her with a birthday party last night for a lady they all call MOMA, yes her favorite cake is a carrot one so I baked my first carrot cake in good old Texas. I was scared cause I didn't know if the altitude would make it bake different. It was fun to meet some of Ozzie's friends, quite a delightful night. Well my first time at church a man came up to me & said, "You're from Randolph Utah, you might know my niece, Nancy Weston." Now what is the chance of that happening? He felt like family so good to run into someone that knows someone you know. Well better get to bed so I can get up in the morning & study. Studying does not come easy for me. My thought for the week is: when we've done everything we can, God does everything we can't. I'm certainly relying on that. Have a great week & know I love you all...Sister Putnam

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know that you made it safe and sound. Also glad to know you met someone who has a Randolph connection.

    ReplyDelete