Sunday, October 25, 2015

Return with honor

I'm now living in the heart of freeways, one major one right by our apartment & 2 or 3 others right here also so send your prayers my way so I can soon get them all figured out because we're on them just about everyday for different people we visit. This work down here is totally different than Plano. We do a lot of teaching so more growing pains & stretch marks for me. I'm out of my comfort zone, oh ya forgot I've been out of it for 18 months. It's all good cause I'm doing things I've never done before & I really am learning, growing & trying to fill the measure of my creation. I know Heavenly Father knows more what I can do than I know myself so if I be patient we'll see what happens. Moving was terribly hard to leave my dear friends in Plano but we were able to go to a wedding in Plano on Friday with 2 of my favorite people who have let me be a part of their journey from baptism to their wedding they already have 2 children & a long story between them. I dearly love them. I guess they're no different than lots of my other friends & I haven't run into anyone I haven't loved. I think I told ya about the young girl that got killed they found the man this past week so that helps a little with the tension that everyone has been feeling. It's Zone Conference this Friday & interviews with the President so that's always a great day to be in the presence of everyone especially the young elders & sisters. Some of those that went home last transfer came up to me to tell me goodbye & then they said, "Sister Putnam, see ya when the roses bloom" that brings a smile to my face. I love these young people & have learned so much from them. My thought for the week: I know God has a plan. I pray for direction to follow it, patience to wait on it, & knowledge to know when it comes...Heavenly Father bless me too love others who sin differently than I do.  author unknown. My scripture is Moroni 10:7-18. My heart is filled with love tonight for all mankind & my prayers are that we may forgive one another & turn our hearts from hate to love & remember we're all working to return to our heavenly home with honor.  Love Sister Putnam

1 comment:

  1. Connie you might just become a Southern Girl if ya stay down here much longer:). I am sure you are touching many lives! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete