Saturday, July 5, 2014

One year later

Tonight my heart, mind & soul are with memories of one year ago at 9:45 when Danny left this earth for somewhere better. I never dreamed I'd be watching the sunset in Texas just one year later. Wow what a ride life gives you. Thanks Putter for all the memories some fun ones & some not so fun but all good. We did it you endured to the end & you endured it well. We had zone conference to met our new mission president today. Opening song was "How Great Thou Are" now that song is near & dear to my heart. Danny loved to hear Cay Cox sing that song with no piano. It brought some tears to my eyes then we had a wonderful day each missionary went up & shook the Pres & Sister Taylor's hand. Then each one stood & told why they loved Pres & Sister Durrant. There were over 100 missionaries & that is just one zone. He told about setting an Elder Larson apart for his mission a few months ago & now Elder Larson is one of the APs that picked them up at the airport. What's the chances of that. After our meeting we went on to the temple & finished filling up our cups. It's been a great week with lots of stuff going on. We've met quite a few new people & some pretty sad stories. We were told by a couple of different eople to not come back so that's rather hard to swallow but another day & another door. We went to a patriotic pops concert yesterday & went to a retirement center for a hot dog, it tasted so good. We took a dear sweet lady from there to the concert with us. She plays trivia with us each week, not a member but so fun & she just lost her husband of 67 yrs in March. The music was great & so was the people waving their flags & singing. I love this great land we live in & yes, I'm proud to be an American. One year later has brought some major changes in my life along with everyone else. I love life & I love my Heavenly Father and I'm so thankful for all my many blessings & I'm so glad that He knows what's best for me. Have a good night I'm sleepy so better get to bed for it leaves. I'll write more tomorrow...Sister Putnam

No comments:

Post a Comment